Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Zora Neale Hurston

I though "Sweat" was very interesting. I think this story probably represents many women's lives. Delia worked very hard, and Sykes did not appreciate or help her. She finally got the the point where she said she hates him to the degree that she used to love him. The fact that he brought that snake in their house when he knew how muched she hated snakes showed that he did not care about her feelings at all. As I was reading the end I really thought Delia was going to get bitten by the snake, but when she didn't and Sykes did I thought that was a great ending. She did say he was going to reap what he sowed. He did. The thing he was trying to scare her with was what hurt him. I imagine she felt somewhat sad, but at the same time probably felt he got what he deserved.


Dianna Duhon

No comments:

Post a Comment