Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Donald Barthelme

"The Balloon" was a very odd story. I have no idea what the balloon symbolized. There was one phrase in the story that said situations imply sets of circumstances leading to a resolution. The author says that the balloon was not a situation. I think that it would have been a situation. I am sure that people were trying to find a resolution to the circumstance of the balloon. Even though the people did not understand the balloon. They even realized that they would never understand the meaning of the balloon.
I think I completely understand how the people felt. They did not understand the meaning of the balloon or what to do with it. I do not understand the meaning of this story. And just like the people in the story some will interpret the balloon differently or not at all. Some people who read this story will have a meaning for it. No one really knows for sure except the person who wrote it(or the person who placed the balloon in the city).

Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment