Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Elizabeth Bishop

I really like the poem "One Art" because I think everyone can relate to it. Who hasn't lost their keys or wasted an hour doing nothing. And I do think I have mastered the art of losing (losing my mind). I constantly lose things some of the time it seems like disaster and other things don't matter. I even usually find everything I have lost in the first place. I think when she talks about losing houses and continents she is talking about moving away from them. So now it is not necessarily misplacing something, but actually having to leave something for whatever reason. Then finally she loses a person, which in the eyes of most people it is a disater. You can lose people in different ways. You can leave them, or they leave you, or they can pass. Either way it seems that actually losing a person is a disaster, but losing material things is not.

Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment