Wednesday, February 24, 2010

T.C. Boyle

I read T. C. Boyle's "The Tortilla Curtain" and after reading "Chicxulub" I see many similarities. Both were very interesting to read, but were so sad. Chicxulub kept me interested. I wanted to know what was going to happen next. I didn't really like the inserts about meteors because I wanted to know what happened to his daughter, but it was very interesting the comparison. It makes sense that tragedy will one day happen maybe not right now but one day. I think it is something that I do not really want to think about. The story shows that it can come at any time. They were just sitting at the house having a good time and all of a sudden it seemed that the whole world had come to an end. I wonder what the other couple was doing when they got the call that it was their daughter instead of Maddy. They were probably having a normal night as well when their world came tumbling down. I guess Boyle is saying that we will not know when it is going to happen and it will takes us off guard.

Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment