Wednesday, February 24, 2010

George Saunders

"Sea Oak" I think portrays the life of most families that are deep in poverty. I think the family thinks this is the best they can do or just doesn't know how to move on to something better. Obviously Aunt Bernie comes back to help the family move forward and on to better things. I think the part about her fulfilling her sexual desires could have been left out. She still is able to help them see what they can accomplish rather than just get through the day. I think everyone needs a little help sometimes, because we do get blind to the future by what is going on today. I know I do anyway. Sometimes things seem so stressful, and never ending that I have no idea what my future is going to bring. Help from loved ones is a good way to make it through.


Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment