Tuesday, February 9, 2010

John Updike

I thought this story was kind of crazy. At first I get this picture in my head of this old man looking at these young girls, and I thought who would write such a creepy story. After I figured out that the man was a young man, I still thought the story was creepy. The way he described the girls and just really watched them. I seemed to still picture them to be very young. I guess this is what goes through every man's mind when he sees some girls in bathing suits, but he was almost obsessed with them. He even quit his job at the end to sort of defend his honor. I just thought the whole story was odd. He only quit because he was hoping that the girls would see it, but the girls did not see it so his quiting was in vein. It would have made more sense to talk to the boss about the way he handled it, if he really felt strongly that it was handled in an inappropriate way. I think this story proves the point that a man will do anything for a pretty girl.

I also thought the part where he said the chubby girl looked better from behind was hilarious. It was just so blunt. It just goes to show that you never really know what someone is thinking.

Dianna

No comments:

Post a Comment