Monday, February 15, 2010

John Ashberry

Ashberry was very hard to understand. I read the poems over a few times and still did not seem to understand what he was saying. I looked at some analysis about the poems and I think that confused me even more. "They Dream Only of America" was said to be about runaway children or about gay relationships. I am not sure. When I first read the title I thought the poems was going to be about immigration, but after reading the poem that idea was gone. "The honey is delicious" makes me think about the Bible and the land flowing with milk and honey, but then the poem says "though it burns the throat" and that throws that idea away too. I also wonder what the signs were. Are we talking about signs like something is wrong or something is going to happen. You know sometimes you may take something as a sign of good or bad. And what were the signs telling him. I am not sure.

Dianna Duhon

No comments:

Post a Comment